We’re a Leadership & Personal Transformation Company
Our purpose is to help your people, at all levels, to be the Best Possible Leaders, so they can better enable success & wellbeingHow we do it
How we help your people to be the Best Possible Leaders (BPL)
Through our BPL Cycle, BPL Capabilities Analytics Framework and Blended Services, we help your people to be the Best Possible Leaders they can be.Discover more
Living in VUCA times
There are endless opportunities for your organisation when your people take control and think differently.
We are living in VUCA (volatile, uncertain, complex and ambiguous) times, what feels like unprecedented change and an unrelenting pace of life. Many people, leaders, organisations and governments are struggling.
However, there are many opportunities for your organisation to seize and create when your people take control, think differently, collaborate and innovate.
Blockers that can stop your organisation and your people from being successful and healthy
Personal & External ConstraintsTM
There are many factors that can get in the way of your people being at their best, and thus your organisation being at its. We call these factors Personal & External Constraints. View some examples. If ways aren’t found to address or circumvent them, they can limit your people’s success & wellbeing and that of your organisation.
Unintentional Poor LeadershipTM
We all strive to do our best and be happy. Unfortunately, we can all too easily suffer from what we call ‘Unintentional Poor Leadership’, which can be leadership of ourselves, others and organisations. View some examples. Unintentional Poor Leadership has a great ability to hide itself from the person in question. If left unchecked, it can negatively impact the success and health of your organisation, your people and the wider community.
In order to help your organisation thrive and get ahead, it’s key to assist your people to identify and use their Personal & External EnablersTM (factors that enable them to achieve success & wellbeing), address their Personal & External ConstraintsTM and limit Unintentional Poor LeadershipTM. This is what our services help you do.
Increasing the success & wellbeing of your organisation and your people
We’re focused on the success & wellbeing of your organisation and people.
From evidence-based research and our work with super-successful Directors, Military Generals and Olympic Champions we have analysed what it takes to be super-successful and have wellbeing, and crunched the analysis down into a framework.
Success & wellbeing are very personal, and there is no ‘one secret formula’ or just ‘one thing’ that will help your people achieve them. However, there are common elements, and these are included in our framework and services.
The best possible leaders at all levels of your organisation
Our mission is to help you develop the best possible leaders at all levels of your organisation so that you, individuals, teams and the wider community thrive and prosper, today and tomorrow.
All our services are built around this mission, which help your people to:
- Define the success & wellbeing they would like and are willing and able to work towards – at work and in their personal lives
- Identify and manage their Personal & External EnablersTM to help them achieve their success & wellbeing
- Identify and address/circumvent their Personal & External ConstraintsTM that could get in the way of their success & wellbeing, and limit any Unintentional Poor LeadershipTM
- Focus on the key accelerators of success and wellbeing for your organisation, their colleagues and the wider community.
Helping your people to be the best possible leaders of themselves, others and your organisation has many potential benefits.
Who our services are for
We are a company built around helping ambitious, innovative and caring organisations to develop the best possible leaders at all levels of their organisations so they, their people and the wider community are better able to achieve success & wellbeing.
Our clients want to design and build the future and need a new breed of leadership training to make this possible.
They know that limiting leadership knowledge and skills to the few is not effective. They want to make sure their people know the common elements that enable and constrain success & wellbeing.
All our services and effort are centred around helping your people to become the Best Possible Leaders of themselves, others and your organisation’, so they can more effectively maximise their success & wellbeing, and help you achieve yours. We have 4 main service areas. These are:
Understanding & Managing Yourself
UMS is the Understanding and Managing Yourself Programme that enables leaders to become exceptionally self-aware and, crucially, helps them to better manage their thoughts, feelings and behaviour
Exquisitely tailored coaching by master coaches and professional coaches
Success & Wellbeing Accelerators
We can help your people develop key skills, mindsets and behaviours that can really help you accelerate the success of your organisation
Through our consultancy services, we can help you create leadership development and culture change programmes
Our business is people
People are the absolute essential when it comes to the success and health of organisations. They are the ones who can make or break organisations.
We have and will continue to dedicate our lives to understanding how humans tick, what helps them achieve and what gets in their way. Using the latest evidence-based research from fields such as psychology, psychiatry, neuroscience, and medicine, together with our own research and experience, we help individuals to maximise their success & wellbeing.
We also spend time thinking about the relationship between humans and artificial intelligence in a new world of work.
maximy is a new company, but it’s combined with Human Systems (business psychologists) Ltd, which has over 25 years of experience in leadership development. We also have over 500 highly qualified independent coaches.
3 global awards
Created and delivered over 8,000 leadership workshops
Created and led over 1,000 Assessment and Development Centres
Over 500,000 coaching hours of experience
120 books and 100s of academic articles
Examples of Personal & External Constraints
Examples of them include: not having the necessary skills and knowledge; lack of funds to invest in themselves; self-limiting beliefs, low self-confidence; not having the processes and technology to do their work; being around people who don’t support them; having bosses who suffer from Unintentional Poor Leadership, etc.
Examples of Unintentional Poor Leadership
Examples include: cognitive biases and thinking errors; unchecked beliefs and assumptions; hubris; lack of self-regulation; neglecting our emotional, mental and physical health; cognitive overload; engaging in wilful blindness; becoming victims of groupthink; fearing ‘career-limiting moves’; having reactionary mindsets; not walking the talk; and not speaking truth to power.
Unintentional Poor Leadership stops individuals from realising their true potential and stops organisations and governments from being as innovative, sustainable, effective and efficient as they could be.
Benefits to the organisation can include:
- Leaders who are the ‘best’ they can be and aren’t flawed by common human frailties
- A much larger leadership talent pool to choose from
- Much more able to spot opportunities and threats a long way off, so better able to embrace and address them, respectively
- Increased ability to design, shape and build the future
- Increased staff engagement and commitment
- A workforce that is much better at working and collaborating together
- Increased ability to achieve operational excellence – aligning people, processes, technology and resources to business models
- Change management becomes a little easier because individuals have greater knowledge about how to change behaviours and habits.
Benefits to individuals can include:
- Clearer idea of what success and wellbeing mean to them
- Increased happiness, satisfaction and health for themselves and family
- Increased strategic thinking and planning, which helps them to better achieve (at work and in private life)
- Improved problem-solving and decision-making skills
- Know and can effectively manage their unique enablers (beliefs, knowledge, skills, motivation, etc.)
- Know their constraints (biases, thinking errors, moods, self-liming beliefs, skill gaps, etc.) and how to address/circumvent them
- Much better at managing/regulating behaviour and creating constructive habits
- Use personal analytics which helps them make more informed decisions
- More effectively engage with, manage and lead others.
Am I being the best possible leader of myself, others, my organisation and the wider community?
- Have I clearly defined what success & wellbeing mean to me, and how I want to contribute to the success & wellbeing of others, my organisation and the wider community?
- Am I doing the most effective things to enable my success & wellbeing, and support the success & wellbeing of others, my organisation, and the wider community?
- Where might I be unintentionally / unconsciously constraining the success & wellbeing of myself, others, my organisation and the wider community?
- What do I need to start doing, stop doing and keep doing?
Are we being the best possible leaders of ourselves, others, our organisation and the wider community?
- Have we clearly defined what success & wellbeing mean to us, and how we want to contribute to the success & wellbeing of others, our organisation and the wider community?
- Are we doing the most effective things to enable our success & wellbeing, and support the success & wellbeing of others, our organisation, and the wider community?
- Where might we be unintentionally / unconsciously constraining the success & wellbeing of ourselves, others, our organisation and the wider community?
- What do we need to start doing, stop doing and keep doing?