Last updated on 21 May 2018
YOUR AGREEMENT WITH MAXIMY
USING INCLUDES, BUT NOT LIMITED TO, ACCESSING, SUBSCRIBING, REGISTERING, VIEWING, PAYING, PARTICIPATING, DOWNLOADING MAXIMY SERVICES.
MAXIMY SERVICES INCLUDE, BUT NOT LIMITED TO, MAXIMY’S WEBSITES ((MAXIMY.LIFE, MAXIMY.DIGITALCHALK.COM OR ANY OTHER WEBSITE THAT WE MAY USE FROM TIME TO TIME)), AND ANY SOFTWARE, MOBILE APPLICATIONS, ONLINE COURSES, COACHING, MATERIALS, PRODUCTS AND SERVICES, OWNED, CONTROLLED, LICENSED OR OFFERED BY MAXIMY, AND ALL THE CONTENT OFFERED AS PART (COLLECTIVLEY REFERRED TO HEREIN AS THE “MAXIMY SERVICES”).
1. DATA CONTROLLER
For the purpose of the Data Protection Act 1998 (the Act), the data controller is Maximy LTD, Hughenden Hall, Plomer Green Lane, Downley Common, High Wycombe, HP13 5XN.
2. USING INFORMATION ABOUT YOU
We require information from You so that:
- We can understand Your service requirements
- We can recommend services to You
- We can match You with relevant coaches and other third-party services
- We can collect payment for services
- We can deliver services to You
- We can communicate to You about services, Your use of services, orders, updates and promotional offers
- Personalise Your experience with Maximy Services
- You can access and use Maximy Services
- You can tell us Your feedback about using Maximy Services
- We can identify You when You communicate with us
- We can display content to You that may be of interest
- Can use the information to improve Maximy Services
- Analyse Your use of our services
- Third-parties can carry out services (including technical, logistical or other functions) on our behalf
- Prevent or detect fraud or abuses of Maximy Services
- We can run surveys.
3. HOW WE COLLECT INFORMATION
Below You can see the different ways we may collect information about You.
Information You Give Us: we receive and store information You give us through using Maximy Services. You can give us information through, but not limited to, contact us forms, emails, Needs Assessment Forms, Service Agreements, phone calls, Skype calls, in-person, feedback forms, online reviews, and surveys.
Automatic Information: we receive and store certain types of information whenever You interact with Maximy Services. This information is collected automatically. This may include information such as Your IP address and domain name, Your location as inferred from Your IP address, Your Internet service provider, the date and time of Your visit to Maximy Websites (maximy.life, maximy.digitalchalk.com or any other website that we may use from time to time), Your use of the Maximy Services during Your current session and over time (including the pages You view and the files You download), the URLs from the websites You visit before and after navigating to Maximy’s Website, Your computer’s or mobile device’s operating system and browser type, and Your software and hardware attributes (including device IDs). We collect such information using a variety of mechanisms, including the following:
Server Logs. When You visit Maximy Websites, we automatically receive and record certain information from Your computer (or other device) and Your browser. This may include data such as Your IP address, the pages You visit or features You use on Maximy Websites, and Your general geographic location as inferred from Your IP address. To obtain such information, we may use server logs or similar applications that recognise Your computer or other devices and gather information about online activity.
- Changing Your cookie settings: If You are concerned about having cookies on Your computer, You can set Your browser to refuse all cookies or to indicate when a cookie is being set, allowing You to decide whether to accept it. You can also delete cookies from Your computer. However, if You choose to block or delete cookies, certain features of Our Website may not operate correctly.
Information From Other Sources: We might receive information about You from other sources, such as Your public social media profiles, and add it to Our account information.
4. SHARING OF INFORMATION
We may share personal information with third parties for a variety of purposes, as described below:
- Comply with Legal Requirements: Maximy may disclose Your Personal Information as we believe to be necessary or appropriate: (a) under applicable law, including laws outside Your country of residence; (b) to comply with legal process; (c) to respond to requests from public and government authorities, including public and government authorities outside Your country of residence, for national security and/or law enforcement purposes; (d) to enforce Our Terms; and (e) to allow Us to pursue available remedies or limit the damages that We may sustain.
5. STORAGE AND TRANSFER OF YOUR PERSONAL DATA
We will keep Your personal data for as long as is necessary for the provision and administration of the relevant services being provided.
The third parties, including Independent Coaches, We engage will keep Your data stored on their systems for as long as is necessary to provide the relevant services to You/Us.
The data that we collect from You may be transferred to, and stored at, a destination outside the European Economic Area (EEA). It may also be processed by staff operating outside the EEA who work for Us or for one of Our suppliers. If We do store data outside the EEA, We will take all reasonable steps to ensure that Your data is treated as safely and securely as it would be within the UK and under the General Data Protection Regulation (Regulation (EU) 2016/670) (GDPR).
The online learning platform (DigitalChalk) We use is USA based. Accessing and using the online learning platform will mean that data You submit to the platform will be stored and processed in the USA so You can access and use the platform. DigitalChalk is EU-US Shield Certified and is GDPR compliant.
By submitting Your personal data, You agree to this transfer, storing or processing.
Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the Internet is not completely secure. Although We will do Our best to protect Your personal data, We cannot guarantee the security of Your data transmitted via such things as websites and email; any transmission is at Your own risk. Once We have received Your information, We will use strict procedures and security features to try to prevent unauthorised access.
6. SENSITIVE INFORMATION
We ask that You not send Us, and You not disclose, any sensitive Personal Information on or through the Maximy Services. Such information includes, but is not limited to, national insurance numbers, financial account information (except for payment information as required), and information related to racial or ethnic origin, political opinions, religion or other beliefs, health, criminal background, or trade union membership.
Maximy uses physical, electronic, and procedural safeguards to protect Your information against loss or unauthorised access, use, modification, or deletion. However, no security program is 100% secure, and thus We cannot guarantee the absolute security of Your Personal or Other Information.
8. YOUR CHOICES AND ACCESS TO INFORMATION
You may review, change, or place limitations on how We use or share Your Personal Information, as follows:
- If You want to learn more about the Personal Information that Maximy has about You, or You would like to update or change that information, please contact us by email at [email protected]. You are entitled to see a copy of the information Maximy holds about You on written request via email ([email protected]). On receipt of the written request We will provide the information to You within a reasonable period of time and may charge a small administration fee.
- If You no longer want to receive marketing communications from Maximy, please follow the ‘unsubscribe’ instructions that are included at the bottom of each message. Please note that if You unsubscribe from Our marketing communications, You will still receive administrative messages.
9. THIRD-PARTY LINKS, WEBSITES AND APPS
The Maximy Services may contain links to and from the websites or apps of other third parties. If You follow a link to any of these websites or apps, please note that these websites and apps, and any services that may be accessible through them, have their own privacy policies. We are not responsible for the privacy practices of other websites or applications.
Worldwide jurisdictions apply a variety of differing legislation, regulations and daily practices surrounding the protection of Personal Information and although the laws regarding the security of each Customer’s information may differ in the place of their domicile and/or work to those regulations and practices within the European Union, Maximy strictly adheres to European and English Regulations and practices and cannot be held to be in breach of any other legislation outside that geographical area.