We’re a Leadership & Personal Transformation Company
Our purpose is to help your people, at all levels, to be the Best Possible Leaders, so they can better enable success, wellbeing & positive impactHow we do it
Watch our video to discover what we do and offer
Everything we do is about helping you and your colleagues to better enable success, wellbeing & positive impact through your different roles and tasks. We do this through coaching, analytics, content, tutoring and technology.
Our driving belief
Leadership is the world’s biggest challenge and opportunity
Prosperity and positive progress depend on the competence of leaders at all levels.
The importance of leadership can’t be overstated. Leadership is about sustainability or extinction; wellbeing or suffering; equality or inequality; thriving or starving; respect or hatred; and life or death!
It’s up to each of us to invest in our leadership capabilities, so we can better contribute to our success, wellbeing & positive impact, and that of our stakeholders, the wider community and the planet in our different roles.
The big challenge we all face
We all have ‘iceberg views’ of ourselves, others, organisations and the wider community & planet.
The amount that is seen below the waterline depends on our levels of internal and external awareness and understanding.
Our ‘iceberg’ views make it hard to improve our own and collective leadership, and to see the impact of our actions.
To support people, at all levels, to be the Best Possible Leaders they can be…
...so that they can better enable success, wellbeing & positive impact.
...a 'Leader' is a person who effectively enables and contributes to the success, wellbeing & positive impact of self, others, organisations, and the wider community & planet.
...and 'Best Possible' is about doing all that is possible and maximising what is available.
We are all leaders
Throughout our lives, we all have and take on lots of different roles.
Leadership (enabling success, wellbeing & positive impact) takes place through our different roles in our personal and work lives – formally and informally.
What being the Best Possible Leader is all about
It’s thinking about and actioning ways to better enable success, wellbeing & positive impact through our different roles.
Increasing our understanding of what success, wellbeing & positive impact mean to us and our different stakeholders. Which includes, better defining the future and world we and our stakeholders want to build, shape and contribute towards.
Increasing awareness of and leveraging the enablers to achieve our desired success, wellbeing & positive impact, and aiding our stakeholders to achieve theirs.
Increasing visuality of and addressing constraints that get in the way of achieving. Plus, being able to identify and address common human frailties and phenomena that can unintentionally lead to poor leadership and derail us.
Being the Best Possible Leader integrates with lots of different leadership and role-specific models
The Best Possible Leader concept has been designed to integrate with lots of different leadership and role/task-specific models.
The concept looks at the whole person – across our different roles & tasks in our work and personal lives.
When your people think about whether they are being the Best Possible Leaders they can be, they look at your organisation’s leadership and role/task-specific competency models, plus others.
We support you and your colleagues to be the Best Possible Leaders you can be in two main ways:
What are services ultimately do
Our services aid you and your people to do two main things over the course of your lives:
- Increase the visibility, understanding and clarity (objectivity) of your leadership – how well you are enabling and contributing to success, wellbeing & positive impact in your different roles.
- Identify, decide on and carry out actions to better enable and contribute to success, wellbeing & positive impact.
Which aid you…
To have greater control of your own success, wellbeing & positive impact…
…and make a greater contribution to the success, wellbeing & positive impact of your loved ones, friends, colleagues, organisations, communities and the planet, in your different roles.
Who our services are for
We are a company built around helping ambitious, innovative and caring organisations to develop Best Possible Leaders at all levels of their organisations so they, their people and the wider community are better able to achieve success, wellbeing & positive impact.
Our clients want to design and build the future and need a new breed of leadership training to make this possible.
They know that limiting leadership knowledge and skills to the few is not effective. They want to make sure their people know the common elements that enable and constrain success, wellbeing & positive impact.
The Best Possible Leaders at all levels of your organisation
Our mission is to help you develop the Best Possible Leaders at all levels of your organisation so that you, individuals, teams and the wider community thrive and prosper, today and tomorrow.
All our services are built around this mission, which help your people to:
- Define the success, wellbeing & positive impact they would like and are willing and able to work towards – at work and in their personal lives
- Identify and manage their Personal & External EnablersTM to help them achieve their success, wellbeing & positive impact
- Identify and address/circumvent their Personal & External ConstraintsTM that could get in the way of their success, wellbeing & positive impact, and limit any Unintentional Poor LeadershipTM
- Focus on the key accelerators of success, wellbeing & positive impact for your organisation, your colleagues and the wider community.
Helping your people to be the Best Possible Leaders of themselves, others and your organisation has many potential benefits.
Our business is people
People are the absolute essential when it comes to the success and health of organisations. They are the ones who can make or break organisations.
We have and will continue to dedicate our lives to understanding how humans tick, what helps them achieve and what gets in their way. Using the latest evidence-based research from fields such as psychology, psychiatry, neuroscience, and medicine, together with our own research and experience, we help individuals, groups and teams to maximise their success, wellbeing & positive impact.
We also spend time thinking about the relationship between humans and artificial intelligence in a new world of work.
maximy is a new company, but it’s combined with Human Systems (business psychologists) Ltd, which has over 25 years of experience in leadership development. We have a network of over 500 highly qualified independent coaches.
3 global awards
Created and delivered over 8,000 leadership workshops
Created and led over 1,000 Assessment and Development Centres
Over 500,000 coaching hours of experience
120 books and 100s of academic articles
Is Maximy for your organisation?
Examples of Personal & External Constraints
Examples of them include: not having the necessary skills and knowledge; lack of funds to invest in themselves; self-limiting beliefs, low self-confidence; not having the processes and technology to do their work; being around people who don’t support them; having bosses who suffer from Unintentional Poor Leadership, etc.
Examples of Unintentional Poor Leadership
Examples include: cognitive biases and thinking errors; unchecked beliefs and assumptions; hubris; lack of self-regulation; neglecting our emotional, mental and physical health; cognitive overload; engaging in wilful blindness; becoming victims of groupthink; fearing ‘career-limiting moves’; having reactionary mindsets; not walking the talk; and not speaking truth to power.
Unintentional Poor Leadership stops individuals from realising their true potential and stops organisations and governments from being as innovative, sustainable, effective and efficient as they could be.
Benefits to the organisation can include:
- Leaders who are the ‘best’ they can be and aren’t flawed by common human frailties
- A much larger leadership talent pool to choose from
- Much more able to spot opportunities and threats a long way off, so better able to embrace and address them, respectively
- Increased ability to design, shape and build the future
- Increased staff engagement and commitment
- A workforce that is much better at working and collaborating together
- Increased ability to achieve operational excellence – aligning people, processes, technology and resources to business models
- Change management becomes a little easier because individuals have greater knowledge about how to change behaviours and habits.
Benefits to individuals can include:
- Clearer idea of what success and wellbeing mean to them
- Increased happiness, satisfaction and health for themselves and family
- Increased strategic thinking and planning, which helps them to better achieve (at work and in private life)
- Improved problem-solving and decision-making skills
- Know and can effectively manage their unique enablers (beliefs, knowledge, skills, motivation, etc.)
- Know their constraints (biases, thinking errors, moods, self-liming beliefs, skill gaps, etc.) and how to address/circumvent them
- Much better at managing/regulating behaviour and creating constructive habits
- Use personal analytics which helps them make more informed decisions
- More effectively engage with, manage and lead others.
Am I being the best possible leader of myself, others, my organisation and the wider community?
- Have I clearly defined what success & wellbeing mean to me, and how I want to contribute to the success & wellbeing of others, my organisation and the wider community?
- Am I doing the most effective things to enable my success & wellbeing, and support the success & wellbeing of others, my organisation, and the wider community?
- Where might I be unintentionally / unconsciously constraining the success & wellbeing of myself, others, my organisation and the wider community?
- What do I need to start doing, stop doing and keep doing?
Are we being the best possible leaders of ourselves, others, our organisation and the wider community?
- Have we clearly defined what success & wellbeing mean to us, and how we want to contribute to the success & wellbeing of others, our organisation and the wider community?
- Are we doing the most effective things to enable our success & wellbeing, and support the success & wellbeing of others, our organisation, and the wider community?
- Where might we be unintentionally / unconsciously constraining the success & wellbeing of ourselves, others, our organisation and the wider community?
- What do we need to start doing, stop doing and keep doing?